Introduction to Python Talk
— Swearingen 2A27
ACM is having its first talk of the 2019 Spring semester, and the topic is Python! The talk will be on January 23rd, in Swearingen 2A27, at 7:00 P.M. Joshua Nelson will be hosting the talk. It will cover introductory Python from the perspective of a sophomore who has just finished 146. Prior programming experience is recommended but not required.
The following subjects will be covered, as well as many others:
- file IO
- string manipulation
- syntax differences from C and Java
- what makes python easy to read and write
- what makes code 'pythonic'
- classes and operator overloading
- various common and useful libraries
We look forward to seeing you!
Update: the slides are here!